




Lance and I wanted to go geocahcing but haven't gotten around to it until this month. We've made two attempts and both attempts we've come home with no loot. The first time we went Lance was soooo excited because this cache was inside a mine in the Unitas. Well we made our way up to the site and hiked around for 3 hours without finding anything. I was getting fairly frustrated, while Lance cracked jokes. He finally admitted that he might have written down the wrong coordinates, and he was right. We decided to call it a day. The next Saturday we came back to the same site, this time with the right coordinates. We hiked for four hours across some really rough terrain. We had a great time just trail blazing and praying that we wouldn't fall off the side of the mountain. Once we got to the site we found 8-10 inches of snow and realized we would never find the mine. Disappointed, we hiked down the mountain and made our way back to the car. Before getting back to the road we had to cross a stream, unfortunately we didn't have too many options so we scooted across this iced over log. It was a bit chilly on our buns. Although both times were unsuccessful we had a great time. Hopefully next time we will have more luck.
4 comments:
You guys are my heroes!!! The scenery is beautiful and you are a very cute couple. I'm sorry you did not find the mine but I am glad you did not fall off the mountain. I particularly loved the picture of Jessica on the log!! It reminded me of a camping trip we took with your parents when they were newlyweds. Your mom sat on a log too. Ask her about it sometime. Mmmmm...good times.
hey remember when lance fell in the river while we were trying to cross?!? oh yes...good times!
I REALLY wish that I could have been there purely for the opportunity to point and laugh with jess and brooke at Lance when he fell into the river!!! HAHAHAH
Nice rump Lance. From Pat
Post a Comment