Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SNOW FEST 2007


Lance and I went up to Rexburg to visit family and enjoy Rexburg's annual SnowFest!If this picture is hard to read, it says "There's no place like home, except Art and Fran's house." What a true statement. Fran and Art were great hosts this past weekened. I think I'm still full from all the food they prepared for us. And we weren't hurting for Catan games. John made us play any moment that was free. Fran all made us feel sorry for her and then turned around and won three games. Lance had two victories, all hail Lord of Catan (sorry that was an addition made by the Lord of Catan himself). The rest of us left the table with crushed hopes and dreams of being the new Catan Champ.


The SnowFest was a lot of fun, there was snow bowling (which may be my new favorite sport), sledding, hot chocolate, yummy great harvest bread, ice sculpting, sleigh rides, treasure hunt, and a polar swim.

Some how Lance convinced me to do the Polar Swim with him and his sister, Brooke. It was 19 degrees out and the water we jumped in had ice chunks floating around in it. All three of us jumped in and froze instantly. It was pretty crazy the pool of water had frozen over before the event so they had people out there with shovels breaking up the ice. There were a lot of Dads with their kids doing the polar swim, I guess for a lot of families it's a family tradition to do the polar swim every year. The best part of the whole event was the sweet hats we got. We are now officially members of the Polar Bear Club.

Another favorite moment at Fran and Art's home was finding some old pictures of Chris. We had no idea Chris was so in to iceskating, I'm sorry ice dancing. I know how frustrating it is for you Chris if we mix the two up. Apparently Chris was quite the ice dancer, we are hoping you'll come visit us sometime and show us a few of your moves.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I am laughing so hard I can't breathe! Thanks for all your kind comments about your visit. Truthfully, I think I only had two victories. It was so fun to have you here. You made our Snowfest experience by jumping in (literally) to the Polar Bear Swim. Way to take one for the team guys!! I hope you will come again soon. Oh, and thanks for posting that picture of Chris. It has always been one of my favorites of him!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!! I guess we raised you to try anything????? Congrats on the polar plunge--we are proud of you??? haha Good luck this coming weekend.

Anonymous said...

What is this coming weekend?

jessica said...

We are going to CA because Lance has an interview with a company there.

themisswhit said...

YAY thank you for the comments guys! I LOVE comments. They make me feel so special! I'm glad someone else is as addicted to blogging as much as I am Jess!! :) Yes Good luck this weekend!

natalie said...

Good luck in CA! You guys are crazy! Thanks for joining the Polar Bear Club...I can't say i am surprised. And where did you find that picture of Chris? I had no idea he had he had a hidden talent. Art mcst have taught him, I heard he is a great ice dancer too!

niki said...

I have to agree that there is no place like Art and Fran's! I am so glad you were able to visit the "burg" and keep my parents company. I wish we could have joined you in the Polar Bear club! Maybe next year! Good luck in CA!

Anonymous said...

Hey, how did you guys know that this skater was one of my favorites in the sports? I saw him in Disney's Ice Capades playing goofy. He's gorgeous isn't he? Gotta love those tights.