
My parent's view of the San Diego fires as they flew in for a visit.

A few good pictures of the growing belly. 

A few good pictures of the growing belly. So it's been awhile since I've last updated. We've managed to keep ourselves pretty busy. After Lance returned from his hunting trip we went down to San Diego to meet up with my parents. They were in town for a boat launch. We were afraid they wouldn't be able to come because of all the fires, but luckily they were able to come with just a few adjustments in the weekend's schedule. We met up with them and an intimate group involved with the construction and launch of the boat for dinner. The next day we headed to the ship yard for the ceremony. The formal ceremony had been canceled but the ship had to go out that day due to the tide schedule. Most of the people that had come for the ceremony were glad it wasn't as formal. They still had the champagne sprayed and bottle cracked on the ship. I wish I could give you a good description of the process involved in order to successfully launch the boat, but really you just have to see it for yourself or have someone more technically aware explain it for you. It really is an incredible site to see this massive piece of steel slide gracefully into the water. After the launch my mom, Lance, and I were given a tour of the ship yard. Very fascinating! Unfortunately my dad had to head back to VA so that was the end of our visit with him, but it was only the beginning of our visit with my mom. I promise more updates to come!
Safety first! The ship yard workers get around using these company vehicles. Pretty nice huh!
6 comments:
Seems like you guys are always going out and doing interesting things. I guess one of the luxuries of not living in Provo.
สวัสดีค่ะซิสเตอร์ เรดด์...
Hi Jess, Yeah! I found your blog from Jade's site. I am so glad to see you again...You have such a cool blog, I enjoy reading every single one of your post. * your blog is already my favorite... I miss you , and wish we'll keep in touch.
Jiab :)
*from Chiang Mai*
New Jersey-
Hey, so congratulations on it being a girl!!! We are so happy for you. Looks like a fun boat launch. Tell your parents hi for me. The fires look awful!!
Oh my! I just LOVE the baby bump! You look so cute! I also think that you guys live the most adventuresome life of any one I know...hands down!
how interesting! i've never been to a boat launch so thanks for sharing. love the belly - and the hair!
I love the belly pics. Sorry, I was staring at those way more than the boat launch! More prego pics please
Post a Comment